Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cola or Soda Type Rewards

Although I've posted on what reward sites are, I deliberately left out the different cola type reward sites. Why? Because they are not contingent upon you reading emails or buying online. They are based on your ability to redeem codes online. While all of the cola companies offer some version of entering codes, www.mycokerewards.com has been going for a couple of years now. As long as you either enter new codes or redeem some of your points every couple of months, your account will remain open. I have used gift certificates from the redemption of points to enhance Christmas and birthdays (specifically, Football Fanatics gift cards redeemable online). The best part about it is that, although I drink Coke, I prefer a cold Mountain Dew to get me going when there is no good coffee around yet I still am able to accumulate a TON of codes. How? My mother-in-law walks daily, preferring dirt roads to avoid the traffic. Most dirt roads or "back roads" are literally covered in "tossed out the window" 20 ounce bottles, and most all of them have the caps attached. I literally get a minimum of 20 per week from her. I have also been known to walk under the bleachers after a ball game and score pocketfuls of these caps. Yes, I do toss the actual bottles into the trash. In my own way, I am getting paid to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment